AquaGuard by Cenorin
The AquaGuard sheet is a waterproof disposable moisture barrier which keeps sites, wounds and dressings dry while the patient showers. AquaGuard provides millions of safe showers in hospitals and homes each year.
AquaGuard features a specially designed medical adhesive that effectively protects the area from water while you shower and is gentle during removal.
AquaGuard is easy to use. Here's how:
- Select an AquaGuard that is large enough to adhere to SKIN ONLY (not to wound, device or primary dressing).
- Clean and dry area to be covered. Remove one sheet from the plastic packaging. Bend the adhesive corners back to form "tabs".
- Remove the adhesive backing from the top or bottom of AquaGuard and apply to site. Press down firmly to adhere to skin.
- Remove adhesive backing from left and right sides of AquaGuard, making sure that the exposed adhesive does not touch your dressing or device. Press down firmly to adhere to skin. Pinch together excess material to form a pleat and fold to side to seal the material.
- Remove adhesive backing from the last side of AquaGuard and press down firmly, completing the coverage of your primary dressing or site. Pinch together excess material to form a pleat and fold to side to seal the material.
- Repeat pressure on all sides of adhesive as a final securing step.
- To remove, start at either the top left or right corner and gently peel AquaGuard down in the same direction as hair growth, being careful not to disturb the primary dressing or device.
AquaGuard is the only moisture barrier product line made in the United States at an FDA-registered facility. Certified to ISO 13485: 2003 standards for medical devices, AquaGuard adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to ensure the highest levels of product safety and quality.To remove, start at either the top left or right corner and gently peel AquaGuard down in the same direction as hair growth, being careful not to disturb the primary dressing or device.